Computed tomography (CT) scan of the temporal bones is used to determine skull diseases and other pathologies, as well as structural features of the cranium. Also receives information about the condition of the inner ear. During the examination, x-ray radiation is sent to the head, and images with a transverse section of the head area are displayed on the screen.
Study IndicationsThe procedure is prescribed by ENT doctors or maxillofacial surgeons in the following cases:
- 1. Suspicion of a tumor and neoplasm.
- 2. With otitis media and inflammatory processes.
- 3. In case of injury, crack and fracture.
- 4. With hemorrhage in the tissue.
- 5. With bone changes.
- 6. With otosclerosis, mastoiditis.
- 7. With pathological discharge of the outer ear.
- 8. In the presence of fungal inflammation.
- 9. If you suspect an inflammatory process in the middle or inner ear.