CT scan of the abdominal organs is the most informative, painless diagnostic method. The result of the study: the structure and condition of all internal organs, clearly visible in layer-by-layer images:
- • digestion (stomach, large, small intestines, duodenum and other intestines);
- • blood formation (spleen);
- • urination (kidneys, ureters);
- • as well as the liver, pancreas, adrenal glands, gall bladder.
Indications for CT scan of the chestDuration: from 20 to 30 minutes (with contrast) Preliminary preparation: needed Contraindications: none Restrictions: allergic reaction to iodine-containing contrast, young children, pregnancy, weight more than 150 kg Preparation of the report: 30-50 minutes. The price of a CT scan of the stomach is from 1000 UAH for examination without contrast, 2400 UAH – with contrast.
The purpose of CT diagnostics of the abdominal organsThe procedure allows you to quickly:
- • identify various pathologies of internal organs (inflammation, cysts, neoplasms, metastases, abnormalities);
- • see foreign bodies;
- • record the effects of injuries;
- • determine the causes of pain in the abdomen;
- • see kidney stones, gall bladder;
- • diagnose hepatitis, cirrhosis, pancreatitis, spleen lesions;
- • analyze the condition of the lymph nodes.
Indications for CT scan of the abdominal cavityCT is prescribed in such cases:
- • Problems with body weight (sudden weight loss, or weight gain).
- • Unclear abdominal pain.
- • The presence of blood in the urine, feces.
- • Painful urination.
- • Injuries to the abdomen.
- • Preoperative diagnostics.
- • Suspicion of cancer.
- • Confirmation of the diagnosis after x-ray and ultrasound.
- • Enlarged lymph nodes.
CT scan of the abdomen in KievHow is the CT scan of the abdomen The patient is laid on his back on the tomograph table. He is in the office alone. Communication with the radiologist is carried out by a selector. The table enters the tomograph, the frame begins rotation, scanning the area under investigation. The doctor may ask you to roll over on your stomach, side. It is necessary to observe complete immobility. For the best possible picture, the doctor asks you to hold your breath. The procedure is quick, without causing any discomfort to the patient.
Administration of contrast medium (bolus)Perhaps the appointment of CT with contrast – an iodine-containing substance that improves the visualization of the investigated organ. A bolus is administered intravenously by an anesthetist. Contrast is excreted from the body during the day. Indications for bolus administration:
- • abdominal injuries;
- • incomprehensible abdominal pains;
- • causeless gain, or weight loss;
- • suspicion of cirrhosis, hepatitis, cysts, neoplasms;
- • enlarged liver, spleen;
- • stones in the kidneys.